With the rise of gaming, parents are finding it more and more difficult to pull their kids from the console.
Improved Relationships is a support category under the Capacity Building support budget.
The aim of Capacity Building supports, is to provide help when a person has complex or unclear needs. This might include when they need long term support for concerning behaviours.
If you (or your family member or person you care for) have been approved for the support category Improved Relationships, your NDIS Plan will most likely outline some specific positive behavioural support strategies and what supports you can access to help.
These may include:
- Specialist behaviour and intervention supports
- Training for carers in behaviour management strategies
- Developing social skills to help with community interaction
- Health professionals such as physiotherapists, occupational therapists and social workers who will work with you and your GP to develop a plan to develop your behaviour skills and limit and prevent concerning behaviours
- Intensive behaviour intervention
- Individualised social skill development